Lunch and Learn with a Legislator (Chicago)
Thursday, Nov. 7
The NIU Alumni Association invites you to learn more about Illinois state politics, how state government functions and the role and presence NIU has in state government from noon-1:15 p.m. on Nov. 7. Speakers include Illinois State Senator Cristina Castro, NIU Chief of Staff Matt Streb and NIU State Legislative Liaison Jenna Mitchell. This event will take place at the NIU Chicago office, 105 W. Madison St., Suite 1700.
- 11:30–11:55 a.m.: Check-in.
- 11:55 a.m.–noon: Welcome.
- Noon–12:20 p.m.: Introductory overview of Illinois’ legislative session and policy creation. Presented by Matt Streb, Ph.D, NIU Chief of Staff and Liaison to the Board of Trustees, Office of the President.
- 12:20–12:40 p.m.: Springfield from a legislator’s perspective. Presented by State Senator Cristina Castro, Co-Chair of the NIU Caucus and Chairperson of the Senate Government Accountability and Pensions Committee.
- 12:40–1 p.m.: Northern Illinois University in Springfield. Presented by Jenna Mitchell, NIU State Legislative Liaison, Office of the President.
- 1–1:15 p.m.: Question and answer session.
The presentation is $10 and includes boxed lunches with a choice of sandwiches, chips and cookies. Bottled water will be provided.
- RAVINI – Roasted turkey with Brie cheese, tomatoes, and mixed greens on multi-grain bread.
- CLASSICO - Genoa salami, mortadella, capicola, provolone, tomatoes and mild giardiniera on Italian filone drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette.
- Mozza E Pom – Fresh Mozzarella with tomatoes, basil leaves and cracked black pepper on filone drizzled with balsamic vinegar.
Attendees have the option to receive one credit of continuing education credit for attending. The cost for the certificate is $5.
**ALL SALES FINAL – NO REFUNDS**