Dates: Jan. 2-16, 2021
Embark on an award-winning Luxury Expedition Cruise to the centerpiece of the Southern Hemisphere─extraordinary Antarctica─where towering icebergs, massive glaciers and amazing wildlife make for the adventure of a lifetime. We’ll cruise for 10 nights aboard luxurious ‘Le Lyrial’ with guaranteed balcony accommodations, exclusively chartered by Abercrombie & Kent (A&K).
This travel adventure provides entertaining penguins, whales galore and a chance to observe climate change up close and personal. It also offers mesmerizing geology with dramatically diverse landscapes, ice floes, narrow passages, volcanic islands and geothermic black sands.
Discover rare yet abundant wildlife on a voyage, ideally timed with the peak of the austral summer, and explore the Antarctic Peninsula for five action-packed days with excursions led by the region’s best guides. Enjoy all-inclusive cruising with included onboard meals and house drinks, Zodiac excursions, expedition gear, port charges, gratuities, Traveler’s Valet® laundry service, and complimentary Wi-Fi.
A very special added feature will be cruising with NIU professor of micropaleontology Dr. Reed Scherer. We’ll learn of his longtime working research in Antarctica and our NIU connection with this great continent.
Cost: From $14,890 per person, double occupancy.
Please contact the NIU Alumni Office at 815-753-1512 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make your reservation.
The trip includes:
• Pre-trip assistance.
• Informational packet.
• Arrival meet-and-greet, along with transfer from airport to Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires (regardless of day of arrival).
• Two nights’ accommodation at Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, including breakfast.
• All meals as shown in the day-by-day itinerary.
• All gratuities for drivers and guides for services as shown in the day-by-day itinerary.
• Sightseeing as detailed in the day-by-day itinerary, including applicable entrance fees.
• Luggage handling and porterage charges for one suitcase per person at the hotels and pier.
• Taxes for included ground services.
• Round-trip charter flights from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia (Jan. 5) and return to Ushuaia to Buenos Aires (Jan. 15), including all applicable taxes.
• 10-night Luxury Expedition Cruise to Antarctica on board ‘Le Lyrial’ • All shore excursions, Zodiac cruises, full lecture and enrichment program, and services of the A&K Expedition Team on board.
• Complimentary expedition parka, backpack, and use of waterproof boots, pants and trekking poles.
• Complimentary Wi-Fi and laundry (eight pieces per person) while on board.
• All gratuities for the crew and the A&K Expedition Team.
Trip does not include:
• International air to and from Buenos Aires. Please contact InterTrav Corporation at 630-377-5840 to book your international air. Flight pricing and schedules will be available beginning the week of Monday, February 24, 2020.
Dates: Jan. 2-16, 2021
Cost: From $14,890 double occupancy
NIU Alumni Association