NIU Zoom and Microsoft Teams Backgrounds
Bring your favorite parts of the NIU campus to your meetings with custom Zoom and Microsoft Teams backgrounds for your conference calls, presentations, or online classes!
How to use the backgrounds:
1. First, make sure you "Enable" Virtual Backgrounds by going to "Settings" at zoom.us in a web browser
2. Once enabled, open Zoom on your desktop or browser
3. Join or create a new meeting
4. Once in the meeting, look to the bottom left corner and see an option to "Stop Video." Don’t click it! To the right is an upward arrow, "^," click the arrow
5. When clicking the arrow, you will see an option to "Choose virtual background," click that option
6. That will take you to a new window in "Settings" where you can choose from a default background or upload your own
7. To upload your own, click the "+" on the right of the video screen in the "Settings" window. This will give you the option to upload your own background into Zoom
8. Select your image and click Open
Microsoft Teams Instructions:
1. Download your image(s) and upload them to your computer by placing them in the Uploads folder.
· Open up the Uploads folder in the File Explorer.
· For that, press Win+R to use the Run prompt, and paste this - %AppData%MicrosoftTeamsBackgroundsUploads
· After that, hit the Enter button to open up that folder.
· Click on your desktop.
· Choose Go on the menu bar and select Library…
· You may need to hold down the OPTION key before you choose GO from the Finder Menu to get the Library to appear.
· /users/Library/Application Support/ Microsoft/Teams/Backgrounds/Uploads
2. You need to paste the image(s) that you downloaded earlier. You can paste one or multiple images as per your requirements. After pasting, it is time for the test.
3. For that, open the Microsoft Teams app on your computer, and make a video call to someone.