Lunch and Learn: The Building and Rebuilding of the Notre Dame Cathedral - CANCELED
Tuesday, April 14
One year after the tragic fire at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, learn more about the challenges of reconstruction. Our panel of speakers will discuss how the cathedral’s original construction, centrality to French identity, and international recognition have affected the worldwide response.
Speakers will answer these questions: How did the cathedral gain its place in the public imagination? Will grand promises to rebuild the cathedral, made immediately after the fire, be fulfilled?
- Valerie Garver, Ph.D.; Chair and professor, Department of History.
- Emily Teising, Ph.D.; French instructor
- Catherine Raymond, Ph.D.; Director for the Center for Burma Studies and art history professor.
The presentation is $10 and includes boxed lunches with a choice of sandwiches, chips and cookies. Bottled water will be provided.
- RAVINI – Roasted turkey with Brie cheese, tomatoes, and mixed greens on multi-grain bread.
- CLASSICO - Genoa salami, mortadella, capicola, provolone, tomatoes and mild giardiniera on Italian filone drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette.
- Mozza E Pom – Fresh Mozzarella with tomatoes, basil leaves and cracked black pepper on filone drizzled with balsamic vinegar.