Whiteboard Wednesdays With the NIU College of Education
Wednesday, June 16
Moving Through and Beyond COVID-19: Insights from Illinois School Administrators
Presented by a Panel of Huskie Experts
Virtual classrooms. Google Chrome distribution. Delivery of breakfast and lunch by school bus. Canceled athletics and arts events. New and strict cleaning procedures. Drive-by graduations.
From the day Gov. J.B. Pritzker ordered all Illinois schools closed in March 2020, and continuing through today, education administrators at all levels have scrambled to keep up with the evolving guidelines – and to keep students, faculty and staff safe.
This panel explores the various shifts that have occurred in schools during the past year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Panelists will discuss their roles as school leaders and the ways they have navigated and managed the difficult and unprecedented situation of teaching and learning in remote and in-person environments.
Panelists also will describe the new forms of leadership they have assumed to remain forward-thinking and innovative within the school and broader community. Finally, our panelists will offer their thoughts on the legacy of COVID-19, what has been learned and the best paths forward for schools to move beyond.
The panel is moderated by Lynn Gibson and Carolyn Pluim. Our panelists include:
• Marcus Belin, Principal, Huntley High School, Huntley Community School District 158
• Julie Lam, Ed.S. ’18, Assistant Principal, Oswego East High School, Community Unit School District 308
• Amonaquenette Parker, ’98, Principal, Huntley Middle School, DeKalb Community School District 428
• Christine Sefcik, M.S.Ed. ’96, Superintendent, Grant Community High School District 124
• Tim Vincent, ’03, M.S.Ed. ’07, Ed.S. ’17, Superintendent, Galena Illinois School District 120
All are invited to attend this free presentation, held via Zoom from 5 - 6 p.m. CT Wednesday, June 16.
Questions? Please contact Dana King, ’05, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-753-5421.
5:00PM - 6:00PM Wed 16 Jun 2021 ( Timezone: Central )
Virtual Event Instructions: