Norwegian Coastal Voyage
Dates: 7/13/2019 to 7/24/2019
Sail through narrow fjords and charming ports on this unique coastal voyage, designed for true expeditions and personal encounters in arctic waters. Norway has the highest concentration of fjords in the world. Due to the Gulf Stream, they are virtually ice free – and all ready for you to explore them.
The Norwegian fjords’ beautiful surroundings include mountainside farms where ladders are a part of the original paths, small charming villages, seals, porpoises, an abundance of fish swimming in the water and eagles and other birds looking down from above. The most famous fjords are found in northern Norway and on the western coast. The Geirangerfjord and Nærøyfjord fjords in the west are on the UNESCO World Heritage Site list, with their alpine mountains, waterfalls, fertile valleys and colorful coastal villages.
Optional excursions will be offered at multiple ports of call on this exciting Norwegian coastal voyage. Experience the comfort of European cruising with Hurtigruten on board the MS Polarlys.
Deck levels and pricing (all prices are double occupancy from Chicago. Limited single supplements available on request)
- Polar Outside (Twin Bedded Cabin) Deck 3 - $6,749 per person
- Arctic Outside (Double Bedded) Deck 5 -$6,799 per person
- Arctic Outside (Double Bedded) Deck 6 -$7,249 per person
Please contact the Alumni Office at 815-753-1512 to register for this trip.
The trip includes:
• Round-trip airfare from Chicago
• Accommodations and ground transportation
• Buffet breakfast daily, all meals while cruising, one additional lunch and two additional dinners
• Three nights in Oslo, one night in Kirkenes, five nights on the MS Polarlys, and one night in Bergen
Dates: July 13 - 24, 2019
Cost: From $6,749 per person ($1,000 deposit due at registration)
NIU Alumni Association