Winter is Coming: Medieval Calamity and Game of Thrones – Lunch & Learn Chicago
Thursday, April 11
Just in time for the final season of "Game of Thrones," meet NIU history professor Valerie Garver, an internationally recognized medievalist who taught one of the first college courses ever offered on the hit HBO series and medieval history at NIU, a class that garnered widespread media attention. Dr. Garver will give a presentation on how the series draws from medieval history in its portrayal of terrible events, as well as how some false popular assumptions about the “Dark Ages” equally shape aspects of the show. The cost is $10 and includes lunch.
Boxed lunches include choice of sandwich, chips, cookies. Bottled water and soda are included.
- RAVINI – Roasted turkey with Brie cheese, tomatoes, and mixed greens on multi-grain bread
- CLASSICO - Genoa salami, mortadella, capicola, provolone, tomatoes and mild giardiniera on Italian filone drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette
- Mozza E Pom – Fresh Mozzarella with tomatoes, basil leaves and cracked black pepper on filone drizzled with balsamic vinegar
Sandwich options: RAVINI, CLASSICO, Mozza E Pom
- 11:45 a.m. - 12:10 p.m. - Attendees arrive and pick up lunch
- 12:10 - 1 p.m. - Presentation by Dr. Garver
Thursday, 04/11/19 at 11:45am - 11:45am | iCal
33 N Lasalle
33 North LaSalle Street Vault Level
Chicago, IL 60602 USA
[ Get Directions ]