Portugal – Douro River Cruise
Dates: April 15 - 26, 2020
The distinct heritage and colorful customs of Portugal will be revealed in Lisbon, Porto and the World Heritage-listed Douro Valley over the course of this memorable journey through Iberia.
On this tour, we’ll explore Lisbon, with its gracious 18th century parks and Art Nouveau architecture, take a day trip to Sintra to see the spectacular Pena Palace, visit Casa Cadaval (home to the Lusitano horse breeders), travel north to Fatima, and enjoy award-winning wines from the region.
Rambling vineyards and charming native farms cling to the steep sides of the Douro River Valley, creating an incomparable backdrop to one of Europe’s most unspoiled regions and to port country - the world’s oldest established wine region.
Beginning in Porto, home to the wonderful port wine, our cruising will take us to Vega de Terron, historic Salamanca, Vila Real, Lamego, Peso da Regua and Ribeira, with interesting (and included!) sightseeing at each port of call.
Join us on this adventure and enjoy the comfort of European river cruising onboard Riviera River Cruises' luxurious MS Douro Splendour ship. Be inspired by the beauty and romantic spirit of majestic palaces and historic wineries, as we travel from the Atlantic Seaboard to the rugged frontier of the Spanish border.
Deck levels and pricing:
- Lower Deck: $5,195 per person, double occupancy. Single Supplement, $2,690
- Middle Deck: $5,645 per person, double occupancy. Single Supplement, $3,090
- Upper Deck: $5,795 per person, double occupancy. Single Supplement, $3,240
Please contact the NIU Alumni Office at 815-753-1512 or firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot on this trip.
The trip includes:
• Round-trip airfare from Chicago.
• Accommodations and ground transportation.
• All meals while cruising; two additional lunches and one additional dinner.
• Three nights in Lisbon and seven nights onboard the MS Douro Splendour.
Dates: April 15-26, 2020
Cost: From $5,195 per person
NIU Alumni Association